Sunday, October 11, 2009

Terrible Experience With Fresver Beauty

Short Account on the incident:

On 08 Aug 2009, I decided to go to Fresver beauty for a facial. After it was done, the staff pestered and persuaded me to sign a package worth $2675. Even after my card was swiped,I asked if they could cancel the transaction because I need the money to pay for my children’s
Insurance policies but they said no. As I have not started using the package, and I do not wish
to continue with Fresver due to their hard selling tactic, I want them to cancel my packageand instruct my bank (Standard Chartered) to reverse the $2675.


This was the report that I have typed for the Small Claims Tribunal:

  • The staff has been calling me to book appointment for the unused facial treatments and I went to the salon on 08/08/2009 for my treatment.
  • Due to my skin condition, I requested for a better facial treatment. Hence they recommended me to do XPL facial treatment by topping up a few hundred dollars.
  • After the facial treatment, I was brought to a room and was served with a drink.
  • The staff persuaded me to take up the package and kept reducing the number of treatments to make it attractive when I rejected her.
  • After much persuasion and persistence, I gave her my credit cards for payment.
    After giving her my credit cards, I realized that I have made a mistake as I am making payments for my sons and my insurance policies premiums using the credit cards.
  • I requested her to cancel the transaction after explaining my reason but she lied that the arrangement could not be done.
  • After signing the invoice and the credit card slips with anger, I called the bank immediately and the CSO explained that I would raise a dispute with the merchant but could only be done 2 working days later.
  • I reported the incident to the bank on 12/08/2009 and got a reply on 03/09/2009 that it was unsuccessful as the credit card slips as been signed.
  • I then approached CASE for help and gave the merchant up to 11/09/2009 to settle the issue with me.
  • However, the merchant is unable to provide a satisfactory reply up to date.

2 comments:

apriltan18 said...

Yah! It's important to check out reviews before going for coupon deals! A lot of people like you have had bad experiences with Fresver according to http://www.beautyundercover.sg/face-and-body/fresver-beauty-far-east-plaza/ too!

koreandramafan said...

An curious, Shirley, what was the conclusion ? Did you manage to resolve it ?